This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

Financial Aid


We have several options available to help you pay for college. See what types of financial aid are available to you below.

PELL Grants are from the Department of Education and do not have to be repaid. These grants are based on financial criteria submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You must complete the FAFSA before eligibility can be determined. The Department of Education will send your application to SLCC about a week after completion. You can log into LoLA, click the Financial Aid tab and use the Navigating LoLA guide to determine what additional financial aid requirements you might have. Keep in mind that the sooner you complete all requirements, the sooner your financial aid can be approved and authorized.

Some of our students qualify for students loans to help with the cost of attending college. These loans are based on financial criteria submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you are a first-time borrower on or after July 1, 2013, there is a limit on the maximum period of time (measured in academic years) that you can receive Direct Subsidized Loans. This time limit does not apply to Direct Unsubsidized Loans or Direct PLUS Loans. If this limit applies to you, you may not receive Direct Subsidized Loans for more than 150 percent of the published length of your program. This is called your “maximum eligibility period.” Your maximum eligibility period is generally based on the published length of your current program.

For example, if you are enrolled in a two-year associate degree program, the maximum period for which you can receive Direct Subsidized Loans is three years (150 percent of 2 years = 3 years). Because your maximum eligibility period is based on the length of your current program of study, your maximum eligibility period can change if you change to a program that has a different length. Also, if you receive Direct Subsidized Loans for one program and then change to another program, the Direct Subsidized Loans you received for the earlier program will generally count toward your new maximum eligibility period.

Direct loans can be accepted on your LOLA account. You must also complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note with the Department of Education.

Campus jobs are available for students who qualify for the Federal Work Study program. If you are interested in participating in this program, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid to determine financial need. Also complete the “Federal Work Study Authorization Form” and take it to the Financial Aid Office for approval.

Note: Federal Student Aid may not be available for certain non-degree, non-credit programs. Our financial aid advisors can help with any questions you may have.

Under the Louisiana Statute R.S. 29:36.1, certain members of the Louisiana National Guard may be exempt from paying tuition. Even with this exemption, a student must pay all required fees, books and supplies. Student must be in good academic standing. Students are responsible for Fees.

Apply for National Guard Tuition Exemption.

The Veteran’s Administration provides financial aid for eligible Veterans. Veterans and dependents of veterans must establish eligibility by calling 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). Visit GI Bill for more information.
(see SLCC’s Veterans link for more information)

You can apply your TOPS award toward tuition at SLCC. Eligibility requirements for TOPS awards are determined by Louisiana Office of Student Financial Aid. LOSFA will notify SLCC of all students who are eligible for TOPS for the upcoming semesters, and we will automatically authorize your award. You can see your award in LoLA under Financial Aid Awards. Should you have questions, or not see that your award has been authorized prior to the tuition payment deadline for the semester, our Financial Aid office can help. Call (337) 521-9621 or stop by the Ardoin Building on our Lafayette Campus, 1101 Bertrand Drive.

Here’s some helpful TOPS information for your convenience:

Go Grants provide financial aid to support nontraditional and low to moderate-income students who need additional aid to afford college tuition. Eligibility requirements for Go Grants are determined by Louisiana Office of Student Financial Aid. You must:

* Be a resident of Louisiana * Complete a FAFSA * Be eligible to receive PELL Grant funding, but not enough to cover the full cost of attendance

Preference is given if you are 25 and older. For more information, visit LOSFA. Click on the LOSFA Programs link, then Go Grant. Eligibility for GO Grant funding is automatically determined based on the criteria above, and awards are posted after the Add/Drop period has ended. Check your LOLA account after add/drop to see if you qualified. Some students may qualify in one semester, but not others.

If you are an Americorp beneficiary and would like to use your Americorp funds to pay for school, simply complete the My Americorp Payment Application Keep in mind the same deadlines apply to Americorp as to Federal Student Aid. If you submit your application to Americorp after that deadline, we cannot guarantee that payment will be received prior to the payment deadline. You should make arrangements for a payment plan through LoLA. Once your Americorp payment is received by the college, you will be reimbursed for any payments made.

The Strategies to Empower People (STEP) Program provides opportunities for work-eligible families of FITAP to receive job training, employment, and supportive services to enable them to become self-sufficient. STEP is a service of, and is administered by, the Louisiana Department of Child and Family Services. Learn how to apply for and obtain STEP benefits through SLCC.

Learn more about financial aid by contacting the Financial Aid Office.

Lafayette Campus
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506

P: (337) 521-9621

Monday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.


Our Campuses

Acadia Parish

Acadian Campus

1933 W. Hutchinson Ave. 
Crowley, LA 70526
(337) 788-7521

Visit Acadian

Evangeline Parish

C.B. Coreil Campus

1124 Vocational Dr.
Ville Platte, LA 70586
(337) 363-2197


Iberia Parish

New Iberia Campus

908 Ember Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
P: (337) 373-0185

Visit New Iberia

International School of Aviation Excellence 

1113 Vortex Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
Phone: (337) 373-0106

Visit ISAE

Lafayette Parish

Lafayette Campus

1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
(337) 521-9000

Visit Lafayette

St. Landry Parish

T.H. Harris Campus

332 East South St.
Opelousas, LA 70570
P: (337) 943-1518

Visit T.H. Harris

St. Martin Parish

Evangeline Campus

6305 Main Highway
St. Martinville, LA 70582
(337) 394-2750

Visit Evangeline

St. Mary Parish

Franklin Campus

1013 Perret St.
Franklin, LA 70538
(337) 413-8146

Visit Franklin

Young Memorial Campus

900 Youngs Road
Morgan City, LA 70380
P: (985) 380-2957

Visit Young Memorial

Terrebonne Parish

Maritime and Corporate Training Center

331 Dickson Road
Houma, LA 70363
(985) 385-7036

Visit MCTC

Vermilion Parish

Gulf Area Campus

1115 Clover St.
Abbeville, LA 70510
P: (337) 893-4984

Visit Gulf Area