Industrial/Agriculture Mechanics Technology
Do you like working with power tools and disassembling and reassembling engines? Our Industrial/Agricultural Mechanics Technology program provides specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students to service and maintain of all types of agricultural diesel powered equipment.
Students are prepared to select, safely use, and maintain hand and power tools, jacks, and hoisting equipment. Program content includes instruction in the diagnosis of malfunctions and the repair of agricultural diesel engines, fuel and electrical systems, power trains, basic hydraulics, and preventive maintenance for agricultural and heavy equipment.
Graduates in our Industrial/Agriculture Mechanics Technology Program earned a Technical Diploma and are able to:
- Practice safe use of power tools.
- Properly disassemble and reassemble engines and replacement parts.
- Develop ability to read and apply service manual information for repair.
- Apply basic computer skills
- Understand and apply preventative maintenance procedures.
- Understand how to read and diagnose electrical schematics and systems.
- Apply basic knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Utilize knowledge of steering systems and components for diagnosis and repair.
- Demonstrate basic ability to diagnose and repair agricultural equipment
- Utilize communication skills.
See the courses and degree requirements for our Industrial/Agriculture Mechanics Technology Program.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.