Oil and Gas Production Technology
Our Oil and Gas Production Technology program prepares students for a career in the oil and gas industry. We gathered industry leaders to help map out our degree program to ensure your success after graduation.
As part of our program, you will learn the 'ins and outs' of oil and gas exploration, drilling, completions, and production operations.
Take a look at the Degree Plan:
- Associate of Applied Science (Technical Studies) in Oil and Gas Production Technology
- Technical Diploma in Oil and Gas Production Technology
Graduates of this program will:
- understand the concepts and terminology of the oil and gas industry
- be competent with the operation of the different equipment that is used by the oil and gas industry.
- be able to apply critical thinking in making decisions and solving problems.
- understand how to communicate effectively–written, oral, and nonverbal.
Our students can:
- Demonstrate an understanding of offshore safety and compliance standards and regulations applicable to deep-water production and facilities.
- Describe the components and processes involved in the drilling and producing of oil and gas.
- Explain exploration, production, and operation concepts associated with the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrate competency with the operation of electrical equipment, hydraulics, pneumatics and fluid dynamics equipment; pumps and compressors; oil and gas instrumentation equipment; and oil and gas processing equipment.
- Effectively diagnose, communicate, and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions.
- Demonstrate and apply skills necessary to gain employment in the drilling, production, service and safety segments of the oil industry.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.