Oil and Gas Production Technology
Our Oil and Gas Production Technology program prepares students for a career in the oil and gas industry. We gathered industry leaders to help map out our degree program to ensure your success after graduation.
As part of our program offered in New Iberia, you will learn the 'ins and outs' of oil and gas exploration, drilling, completions, and production operations.
Take a look at the Degree Plan:
Graduates of this program can:
- Demonstrate an understanding of offshore safety and compliance standards and regulations applicable to deep-water production and facilities.
- Describe the components and processes involved in the drilling and producing of oil and gas.
- Explain exploration, production, and operation concepts associated with the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrate competency with the operation of electrical equipment, hydraulics, pneumatics and fluid dynamics equipment; pumps and compressors; oil and gas instrumentation equipment; and oil and gas processing equipment.
- Effectively diagnose, communicate, and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions.
- Demonstrate and apply skills necessary to gain employment in the drilling, production, service and safety segments of the oil industry
- Wellhead Pumper/Operator: $64,940
- Rotary Drill Operators: $61,150
- Roustabout: $51,580
(Bureau of Labor Statistics, Louisiana Average Salary 2021)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.