Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
Do you want to repair tractors, keep construction equipment running smoothly, and inspect engines to ensure they’re safe for transport?
Enroll in our Diesel Powered Equipment Technology program to become a diesel service technician or mechanic in just three semesters! You'll learn to inspect, maintain, repair, and overhaul equipment for the agricultural, construction, and transportation industry.
Our students become critical thinkers and lifelong learners within the industry and our program provides a continuous supply of qualified technicians to meet growing industry needs.
Classes are offered at the T.H. Harris Extension Campus in Opelousas. Take a look at the degree plans:
Whether you want to work in transportation, marine, heavy equipment, or electrical, SLCC will prepare you for life as a diesel service technician or mechanic after graduation.
Graduates of the Diesel Powered Equipment Technology program are able to:
- Work around potential safety hazards such as rotating equipment, lifting, and suspension equipment used in the industry.
- Demonstrate the technical skills necessary to enter the workplace as an entry-level technician.
- Display a professional attitude and work with others in the field as a diesel technician.
- Diesel Engine Specialist: $51,320
- Farm Equipment Technician: $38,440
(Bureau of Labor Statistics, Louisiana Average Salary 2021)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.