Applying for Aviation Maintenance Technology
Our Aviation Maintenance Technology Program offers a degree program that will equip you with the knowledge and skill required to find a job in aircraft maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification or other maintenance-related fields. The program consists of general education classes, aviation fundamentals, airframe maintenance, and powerplant maintenance courses.
Anyone interested should read the program information packet.
Upon completion, SLCC’s associates degree program in Aviation Maintenance Technology will have guided you to earn the following Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certificates/ratings and college degree:
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic Certifications
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology
This program’s mission is to provide a safe training facility and healthy learning environment that will prepare students for certification by the Federal Aviation Administration in Airframe and Powerplant Maintenance. Students completing the Aviation Maintenance Technology program will be able to do the following:
- Pass Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe, Powerplant, or both certifications through written, oral, & practical examination.
- Demonstrate competence in the utilization of basic tools in accomplishing federal (FAA) curriculum requirements.
- Display the ability to interpret and apply maintenance manual requirements to aircraft maintenance tasks.
- Apply Now
- Admissions Appointment
- Steps to Enroll
- Admission Requirements
- Choosing a Major
- Placement Information
- How to Register
- Applying for Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Applying for LPN to RN Transition Track
- Applying for Medical Assistant
- Applying for Medical Lab Technology
- Applying for Practical Nursing
- Applying for Registered Nursing
- Class Schedule
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Attendance & Withdrawals
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Financial Aid Forms
- FSA Policies
- Reapply for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Resources
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Types of Financial Aid
- Veterans Affairs
- Federal Work Study
- Financial Aid Disbursements
- Hardship Waiver
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Return of Federal Title IV Funds Policy
- Year Round Pell
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- FAFSA Filing Tips
- Information for Counselors
- Take a Tour
- Request Information
Learn more about the admissions process, or schedule a campus tour, by contacting SLCC Admissions.
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9622
F: (337) 521-8052
Monday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.