What are prerequisites?
To ensure you are successful, SLCC has defined prerequisites for courses you will take for an Associate Degree. Prerequisites are defined as minimum required scores on standardized tests or successful completion of relevant courses.
How do you know you have the correct prerequisites?
Transferring from another school?
If you have successfully completed prerequisite courses at another institution, your official transcript must be evaluated by our Registrar’s Office. Please allow a minimum of 10 days after receipt for the review of transcripts. Official college transcripts should be submitted in one of the following ways:
- electronically sent following guidelines provided by your former school
- mailed directly from the former school in a sealed envelope to SLCC Admissions Office, 1101 Bertrand Drive, Lafayette, LA 70506.
Standard Placement Guidelines:
- Eligible test scores (ACT, SAT, Accuplacer, Accuplacer NextGen) must be dated within five years of the start of the semester.
- If you believe that your test scores do not reflect the most appropriate course placement, we encourage you to take the Accuplacer test at any of the SLCC campuses in order to achieve a higher score.
- All students are highly encouraged to study and prepare before taking the Accuplacer test. More information about testing and preparation resources can be found on the SLCC Testing Center.
- Test scores should be submitted in one of the following ways:
- electronically sent from the testing institution (please allow 2 weeks for processing)
- emailed as a scanned copy with your first name, last name, and date of birth or SLCC Student ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to view your available test scores:
- Login to LoLA
- In the Self Service box for South Louisiana Community College, select STUDENT.
- In the Academic Links box, select ACADEMIC PROFILE.
- Under the photo, select PRIOR EDUCATION & TESTING.
Still have questions? Email email@example.com for help.
- Apply Now
- Admissions Appointment
- Steps to Enroll
- Admission Requirements
- Information for Counselors
- Choosing a Major
- Placement Information
- How to Register
- Request Information
- Class Schedule
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Attendance & Withdrawals
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Financial Aid Forms
- FSA Policies
- Reapply for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Resources
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Types of Financial Aid
- Veterans Affairs
- Federal Work Study
- Financial Aid Disbursements
- Hardship Waiver
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Return of Federal Title IV Funds Policy
- Year Round Pell
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- FAFSA Filing Tips
- Take a Tour
- Applying for Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Applying for LPN to RN Transition Track
- Applying for Medical Assistant
- Applying for Medical Lab Technology
- Applying for Registered Nursing
- Applying for Practical Nursing
Learn more about the admissions process, or schedule a campus tour, by contacting SLCC Admissions.
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9622
F: (337) 521-8052
Monday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.