To ensure course placement leads to academic success, SLCC has defined prerequisites for courses that will be taken in pursuit of an Associate Degree. Prerequisites are defined as minimum required scores on standardized tests or successful completion of relevant courses. Course prerequisites can be found on the online Course Schedule.
If you have successfully completed prerequisite courses at another institution, your official transcript must be evaluated by our Registrar’s Office. Please allow a minimum of ten days after receipt for the review of transcripts. Official college transcripts should be submitted in one of the following ways:
- electronically sent following guidelines provided by the prior institution
- mailed directly from the prior institution in a sealed envelope to SLCC Admissions Office, 1101 Bertrand Drive, Lafayette, LA 70506.
To determine your English and math placement and read FAQs , reference the Placement Guide for English in Math on our Academic Advising webpage.
For more information about testing opportunities, please visit the SLCC Testing Center.
Standard Placement Guidelines: Eligible test scores (ACT, SAT, Accuplacer, Accuplacer NextGen) must be dated within five years of the start of the semester. If you believe that your test scores do not reflect the most appropriate course placement, we encourage you to take the Accuplacer test at any of the SLCC campuses in order to achieve a higher score. All students are highly encouraged to study and prepare before taking the Accuplacer test. More information about testing and preparation resources can be found on the SLCC Testing Center. Test scores should be submitted in one of the following ways:
- electronically sent from the testing institution (please allow 2 weeks for processing)
- email a scanned copy of test scores including your first name, last name, and date of birth or SLCC Student ID number to email@example.com
Students can view their available test scores:
- Login to LoLA
- In the Self Service box for South Louisiana Community College, select STUDENT.
- In the Academic Links box, select ACADEMIC PROFILE.
- Under the photo, select PRIOR EDUCATION & TESTING.
- Apply Now
- Admissions Appointment
- Steps to Enroll
- Admission Requirements
- Choosing a Major
- Placement Information
- How to Register
- Applying for Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Applying for LPN to RN Transition Track
- Applying for Medical Assistant
- Applying for Medical Lab Technology
- Applying for Practical Nursing
- Applying for Registered Nursing
- Class Schedule
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Attendance & Withdrawals
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Financial Aid Forms
- FSA Policies
- Reapply for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Resources
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Types of Financial Aid
- Veterans Affairs
- Federal Work Study
- Financial Aid Disbursements
- Hardship Waiver
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Return of Federal Title IV Funds Policy
- Year Round Pell
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- FAFSA Filing Tips
- Information for Counselors
- Take a Tour
Learn more about the admissions process, or schedule a campus tour, by contacting SLCC Admissions.
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9622
F: (337) 521-8052
Monday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.