Learn to develop business plans, maintain business accounting records, and more in our Business program.
Want to work in a business office or get started on your four-year business degree? This program is right for you. Our Associate of Science degree program in business provides students with a broad background in various business disciplines and prepares them to enter the field of business management or transfer to a four-year institution. The program is offered at all our campuses and can be completed in person or online.
Take a look at the Degree Plan:
Graduates are proficient in maintaining a set of business accounting records, developing essential components of a business plan, creating a variety of documents using current software, and explaining the workings of monetary policy and its impact on the economy.
Foundation courses in the business program include accounting, economics, and information systems. These courses transfer to most baccalaureate degree programs in business and other majors offered by four-year institutions.
SLCC has several 2+2 articulation agreements in Business already in place. The agreement allows students to complete 60 credit hours during a two-year tenure at SLCC and earn an associate degree. Those credits then transfer to one of several four-year universities, where the student accrues another 60 hours over the remaining two-year period to earn a bachelor’s degree, which requires a minimum 120 hours to complete.
Transferrable degrees include:
- McNeese State University - Accounting
- McNeese State University - Business Administration, Marketing, or Management
- McNeese State University - Finance
- Nicholls State University - Business
- University of Holy Cross - Accounting
- University of Holy Cross - Business
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette - Accounting, Management, Finance, Insurance and Risk Management, Economics, Hospitality Management, Marketing, or Professional Land and Resource Management
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.