Student Rights and Responsibilities
- The right to participate in self-governing student bodies which provide channels of communication and means for using democratic processes to solve problems.
- The constitutional rights of freedom of expression and assembly.
- The right of freedom to hear and participate in dialogue and to examine diverse ideas.
- The right to a learning environment free from harassment, discrimination, and violence.
- The right to due process in disciplinary procedures in accordance with the rules and procedures prescribed in the Student Code of Conduct.
- The right to privacy under FERPA
- All student records generated during the information gathering/decision-making process associated with these procedures are subject to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- The responsibility of assuming the consequences of one’s actions.
- The responsibility for knowledge and observance of established college policies presented in official college publications.
- The responsibility that free discussion represents the scholarly nature of the learning community.
- The responsibility to ensure that no student organization, constitution, nor other organizational documents include discriminatory clauses.
- The responsibility to respect the rights and privacy of others.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.