TRIO EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY CENTERS
Do you have a desire to earn your high school equivalency (HiSET) and train for an exciting career at the same time? Do you want to begin or return to college but don't know where to start? Do you have questions about how to pay for college? SLCC's TRiO Educational Opportunity Centers has the answers to these questions and more.
Residents of Iberia, St. Martin, and St. Mary Parishes now have options to fulfill their educational goals and prepare for high-wage, high-demand jobs in the region. EOC services will help with:
- Registering for HiSET classes
- Completing a college application for admissions
- Applying for financial aid and scholarships
- Exploring the different types of career offerings
- Assessing personal interests and abilities that align with careers
- Identifying degree and certificate options
- Assisting with college entrance examination preparation
- Navigating the college experience using a variety of support services
- Becoming a better steward of personal finances
Do I qualify for EOC services?
To qualify for services, you must be 19 years of age or older, a U.S. resident or naturalized citizen, a potential low-income , first-generation college student and/or low-income, or a veteran or family member of a veteran.
Free services. Convenient locations.
EOC is a federally funded TRiO program that provides free services to all eligible participants interested in receiving a college education or training for an exciting career in a variety of fields. The program offers opportunities to those that, for one reason or another, did not complete requirements for a high school diploma. SLCC has EOCs located at the college's St. Martinville, Franklin, New Iberia, and Morgan City campuses. Also, the college partners with several community organizations throughout the region to offer information and services that are close to you.
Connect with us!
- Location: Acadiana Workforce Solutions, 601 Ember Drive, New Iberia, LA 70560
- Call: 337-373-3244
- Email: EOC@solacc.edu
- Annual Public Notice
- Campus Safety & Security
- Communications & Marketing
- Contact Us
- Consumer Information
- EEO Statement
- Everyday Excellence
- Faculty Senate
- Important Numbers
- Facilities Maintenance X-Press
- Human Resources
- I.T. Support
- Report Fraud
- SLCC Foundation
- Statement on Non-Discrimination
- TRiO Educational Opportunity Centers
- Travel Forms
- Website Accessibility Statement
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.