Drafting & Design Technology
Drafting and Design technicians play a vital role in the engineering process. Our Drafting and Design Technology program provides students with technical education and knowledge, training and skills, along with communication skills needed for employment in various professional drafting fields with career advancement opportunities. Students can earn an Associates of Applied Science degree or a Technical Diploma.
Students are able to transform ideas to paper using basic manual and computer-aided design principles and concepts, analyze and interpret project information and data to produce precise, accurate drawings, and apply written and graphic communication skills used in technical drawings.
Take a look at the Degree Plan:
- Associate of Applied Science in Drafting and Design Technology
- Technical Diploma in Drafting and Design Technology
Graduates in our Drafting and Design Technology program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate basic data and information needed in the preparation of manual and computer-aided drawings.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency with 70 percent accuracy in all training and skills necessary in manual, two-dimensional and three-dimensional computer-aided design to produce technical drawings in a variety of related professional drafting fields.
- Demonstrate the appropriate attitudes, behaviors and communication skills as expected in a professional environment through active participation in class activities and projects.
Relevant coursework includes Fundamentals of Manual Drafting, Computer-Aided Design, Industrial Drafting, Architectural Drafting, and Civil/Structural Drafting.
Here are a few facts about this industry –
- The average salary for a career in Drafting and Design Technology is $51,940 per year.
- Graduates go to work as architectural drafters, mechanical drafters, electrical drafters, civil drafters, pipe drafters, and manufacturing drafters.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.