Interested in a career in Corrections or Law Enforcement? Our Associate of Science Degree in Criminal Justice provides students with a basic foundation of the American criminal justice and corrections systems.
The program is designed primarily as a transfer program for students who plan to continue their studies at a four-year university. However, students are also prepared to enter the workforce immediately after graduation in certain phases of law enforcement or corrections.
Take a look at the Degree Plan:
Students completing the Associate of Science Degree in Criminal Justice will:
- Apply critical thinking abilities to modern criminal justice processes and policies
- Articulate the role, function and mission of police in the criminal justice system
- Blend ethical concepts into modern criminal justice practices
- Exhibit an understanding of the impact of policing, courts and corrections on the individual, society and the community
Here's a few program highlights:
- Officers can receive up to 15 credit hours of prior learning for completion of a Peace Officer Standards and Training Academy (POST).
- Prior credit may also be awarded for military credit.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.