Our two-semester Medical Assistant program is a great way to being your career in healthcare. This Certificate of Technical Studies program prepares students for careers in private and large group physician’s offices, clinics, hospitals, medical records, laboratories and/or insurance companies. Supervised and/or preceptor based clinical externships are included.
Take a look at the Degree Plan:
- Certificate of Technical Studies in Medical Assistant (Fall Start)
- Technical Dipoloma in Medical Assistant (Fall Start)
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assistant (Fall Start)
Read more information on Applying to the Medical Assistant Program.
Students should note that some courses have prerequisites, which must be completed before enrolling into upper level courses and continuing in the program. Upon completion of this program, graduates are eligible to sit for the National Certification exam for Medical Assistants.
Graduates completing the Certificate of Technical Studies in Medical Assistant can:
- Comprehend introductory anatomy & physiology principles; MA law and ethics, administrative and clinical procedures, pharmacology, coding & insurance procedures and professionalism needed for success on the job.
- Demonstrate skills training and clinical experiences necessary to secure employment in the health care industry and make immediate and future decisions regarding job choices and educational growth.
- Submit a History & Physical examination report certifying they are physically and emotionally fit for the program.
- Provide recent (less than one year) TB skin test or Chest x-ray.
- Submit proof of current immunizations.
- Pass a background check and a drug screen.
- Possess a CPR card for Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Purchase the required class and clinical uniform(s), and supplies as outlined by the instructor.
- Adhere to HIPAA and other confidentiality clauses involving client care or clinical training.
- Arrange transportation to clinical sites, any additional trainings, or any extra-curricular activities.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.