Academic advising is available to all new, transfer, and returning students through the Student Success Center. Advising is a shared responsibility between you and your advisor (Student Success Center Advisor or Faculty Advisor). Faculty advisors advise all continuing students.
Our advisors are here to help you achieve your educational and career goals. We'll help you understand the key requirements your major, stay on track to graduate and/or transfer, develop a two- to three-year graduation plan, set realistic academic and career goals, and get connected to available campus resources.
Academic Advising Resources
- Degree Plans (2022-2023)
- General Education Options and Requirements
- Placement Guide for English and Math
- "How To" Academic Planning Guide
- Academic Advising Overview
- Advising Handbook
- Advising Terms and Resources
- Collaborative Learning: English Cohorts (Fall 2022)
- Collaborative Learning: Math Cohorts (Fall 2022)
- Elective Options and Requirements
- Registering for Classes in New LoLA
- Register for Classes
- Transfer Credits
- Understanding Gen Eds
Student Success Live
This in-person, new student orientation session will give students interested in attending SLCC several opportunities to register and reserve a seat in the classes of their choosing.
Our classes are filling up fast, and we want to make sure you can get the courses you want or need.
Staff will be on hand to help you complete your scheduling and answer all your questions regarding SLCC! To make the most of your experience, visit solacc.edu/admissions before your session.
Click the link below for the appropriate campus to book your session!
- Student Success Live - Acadian (Crowley) Campus
- Student Success Live - Lafayette Campus
- Student Success Live - Evangeline (St. Martinville) Campus
- Student Success Live - New Iberia Campus
- Student Success Live - Gulf Area (Abbeville) Campus
- Student Success Live - TH Harris (Opelousas) Campus
- Student Success Live - CB Coreil (Ville Platte) Campus
- Student Success Live - Young Memorial (Morgan City) Campus
frequently asked questions
Monday through Friday 10 AM - 12 PM
Drop-Ins welcomed, scheduled appointments encouraged
To schedule an appointment: www.solacc.edu/AdviseMe
If you need assistance scheduling classes, please watch the following video.
If you receive a Pending Action Item error that prevents Registration, please watch this video.
If you need help finding program information or your degree plan, please view the current programs offered.
If you are receiving a Pre-Req and Test Score error, you either don't have test scores or your test scores don't qualify you to take the class.
To check if you have test scores:
- Log into LOLA
- Under Self Service Banner, click Student
- On the left, under Academic Links click Academic Profile
- On the left, click the Prior Education and Testing tab
- If you don’t see scores, they are not on your account.
If you have ACT or other standardized test scores from the last five years, send them to Admissions@solacc.edu.
If you do see scores, you can use this guide to see what Math and English you place into.
- We no longer accept Compass or Multiple Measures. That means if you only have Compass or Multiple Measures, you need to take the Accuplacer.
- If you do not have scores or want an opportunity to see if you can test into a different Math or English, schedule the Accuplacer here.
- Take the Math and Writing test.
- For help with scheduling the Accuplacer call 337- 521- 9627
- If you don’t have test scores and don’t want to take the Accuplacer, start with Math 0083 and English 0083
Contact Academic Advising
We are located in the Student Success Center on the Lafayette Campus (1101 Bertrand Drive)
Room 403 of the Ardoin Building
Phone: (337) 521-6983
Your question(s) regarding advising will be answered in the order in which it is received (please allow up to three business days).
For questions about anything aside from advising, please contact the main line at (337) 521-9000.
- Counseling and Disability Services
- Paying for College
- Registrar's Office
- Accessing Grammarly
- Student Email
- Starfish for Students
- Student Life
- Student Employment Opportunities
- Center for Minority Excellence
- Title IX - Know Your Rights
- Student Success Center
- Annual Public Notice
- Graduation Info
- The Pantry
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9000
1933 W. Hutchinson Ave.
Crowley, LA 70526
P: (337) 788-7521
C.B. Coreil Campus
1124 Vocational Dr.
Ville Platte, LA 70586
P: (337) 363-2197
6305 Main Highway
St. Martinville, LA 70582
P: (337) 394-6466
1013 Perret St.
Franklin, LA 70538
P: (337) 413-8146
Gulf Area Campus
1115 Clover St.
Abbeville, LA 70510
P: (337) 893-4984
New Iberia Campus
908 Ember Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
P: (337) 373-0172
T.H. Harris Campus
332 E. South St.
Opelousas, LA 70570
P: (337) 943-1518
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.