This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

Financial Aid

Financial Aid FAQs

Applying for Aid 

Apply for Financial Aid in 7 Easy Steps!

AS SOON AS  POSSIBLE! The FAFSA becomes available for the upcoming award year on October 1st of each year.

Yes. After your first year you will have an option to complete “Renewal Application” which contains preprinted information from the previous year’s FAFSA. Note that your eligibility for financial can change year to year. Renewal of your financial aid package also depends on you making satisfactory academic progress towards a degree.

Processing of Aid

Verification is a Federal aid eligibility requirement managed by the Financial Aid Office in which students are requested to support certain data elements of their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Office of Financial Aid verifies all students who are selected, for verification, by the Department of Education, and SLCC may use discretion in selecting students on an individual basis as well. Some items that are required to be confirmed include: taxable income, family size, and untaxed income. If selected, this process must take place prior to SLCC offering aid. 

Processing normally takes 7-10 business days, however, during peak times, the timeframe may extend to 2-4 weeks. Students are encouraged to submit required documentation as soon as possible to avoid delays.

Awarding of Aid

Students must be enrolled at least half-time (six hours) to maintain eligibility for Direct Loans. Students who drop below half-time during the semester may have their Direct Loan revoked and funds returned to the Department of Education. If you need to drop below half-time, please consult with a financial aid adviser.

A grant is gift aid that does not have to be repaid in most cases. However, students who withdraw from school may be required to pay back some of the grant funds.

If a student is determined to be eligible for financial aid, the approved award amount is determined by their enrollment status and the final determination of the EFC. Depending on the criteria mention, it is possible for a student to receive financial aid for one class but not guaranteed.

Learn more about financial aid by contacting the Financial Aid Office.

Lafayette Campus
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506

P: (337) 521-9621

Monday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.


Our Campuses

Acadia Parish

Acadian Campus

1933 W. Hutchinson Ave. 
Crowley, LA 70526
(337) 788-7521

Visit Acadian

Evangeline Parish

C.B. Coreil Campus

1124 Vocational Dr.
Ville Platte, LA 70586
(337) 363-2197


Iberia Parish

New Iberia Campus

908 Ember Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
P: (337) 373-0185

Visit New Iberia

International School of Aviation Excellence 

1113 Vortex Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
Phone: (337) 373-0106

Visit ISAE

Lafayette Parish

Lafayette Campus

1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
(337) 521-9000

Visit Lafayette

St. Landry Parish

T.H. Harris Campus

332 East South St.
Opelousas, LA 70570
P: (337) 943-1518

Visit T.H. Harris

St. Martin Parish

Evangeline Campus

6305 Main Highway
St. Martinville, LA 70582
(337) 394-2750

Visit Evangeline

St. Mary Parish

Franklin Campus

1013 Perret St.
Franklin, LA 70538
(337) 413-8146

Visit Franklin

Young Memorial Campus

900 Youngs Road
Morgan City, LA 70380
P: (985) 380-2957

Visit Young Memorial

Vermilion Parish

Gulf Area Campus

1115 Clover St.
Abbeville, LA 70510
P: (337) 893-4984

Visit Gulf Area