Our Marine Operations program, within our Corporate College, provides specialized Coast Guard-approved classroom instruction and practical training to prepare students to obtain a variety of documents, licenses, and endorsements issued by the U.S. Coast Guard and the Federal Communications Commission including Safety Training. These credentials are required for many jobs available in the Marine Operations field.
Whether you are new to the Marine and Petroleum industry, an experienced tradesman, or a business looking to train or refresh your team's skills, our Marine Operations program can help.
Here's a full list of classes, tuition, and start dates. Classes in Marine Operations are held at SLCC’s Marine & Petroleum Safety Training Center located at 3225 Youngs Rd., Morgan City.
Call (985) 372-6247 to get started.
Relevant courses include:
- Able Body Seaman (Classroom or Online)
- Advanced Fire Revalidation
- Apprentice Mate/Steersman
- Apprentice Mate Steersman--Western Rivers
- Automatic Radar Plotting Aids (ARPA)
- Basic Training and Revalidation
- Firefighting (Basic & Advanced)
- Maritime Security
- Master 100 Tons (Classroom or Online)
- Master 100 to 200 Tons Upgrade
- Medic First Aid/CPR
- PEC CORE & Annual Refresher
- PEC Basic Orientation (includes SafeGulf/SafeLand/SEMS)
- Proficiency in Survival Craft & Refresher
- Radar Observer (Inland, Unlimited, and Recertification)
- Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (RFPNW)
- Simulation Training
- STCW--Basic Firefighting (for STCW and Tankerman)
- STCW--First Aid/CPR
- Our Programs
- Meet Our Staff
- Your Training Needs
- Student Exit Survey
- Contact Us
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.