Our Maritime program, within our Corporate College, provides specialized Coast Guard-approved classroom instruction and practical training to prepare students to obtain a variety of documents, licenses, and endorsements issued by the U.S. Coast Guard and the Federal Communications Commission including Safety Training. These credentials are required for many jobs available in the Maritime field.
Whether you are new to the Marine and Petroleum industry, an experienced tradesman, or a business looking to train or refresh your team's skills, our Marine Operations program can help.
View some of our more popular classes below. Classes in Maritime are held at SLCC’s Marine & Petroleum Safety Training Center located at 3225 Youngs Rd., Morgan City.
Call (985) 372-6247 to get started.
May - August, 2023 Training Schedule (Updated 5.25.2023)
Relevant Courses Include:
- Able Body Seaman--HYB/Online
- Able Body Seaman
- Advanced Fire Revalidation
- Advanced Wheelhouse Management
- Apprentice Mate (Steersman)
- Apprentice Mate--Western Rivers
- Basic Firefighting (STCW)
- Basic Training (STCW)
- Basic Training--Revalidation
- Bridge Management (USCG Assessments)
- Combined Basic & Advanced Firefighting
- Confined Space User/Entrant/Atendant
- Confined Space User/Entrant/Attendant/Rescue
- Confined Space User/Entrant/Attendant/Rescue/Competent Person
- Fall Protection User
- Fall Protection User Rescue
- First Aid/CPR (STCW)
- Hazwoper First Responder
- HAZWOPER Refresher
- Hydrogen Sulfide H2S
- Incipient Fire Watch (Fighting)
- Introduction To Log Books
- Leadership & Managerial Skills
- Master/Mate Uninspected Fishing Vessel
- Master 100 Tons (includes OUPV)
- Master 100 Tons--ONLINE (HYB)
- Medic First Aid
- NCCER Core
- NCCER Crane Operations Level 1
- OSHA 10
- OSHA 30
- SafeLand USA 2021 Basic
- PEC Core Annual Refresher
- PEC Core Compliance
- Proficiency in Survival Craft (PSC)
- Proficiency in Survival Craft--Refresher
- Radar Observer Recertification
- Radar Observer Unlimited
- Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (RFPNW)
- Rose Point Electronic Chart System Training
- Upgrade Master 100 to Master 200 Tons
- Vessel Personnel /w Designated Specific Duty VPDSD
Watch this video below to learn more about SLCC's Maritime courses.
Get involved. Contact SLCC.
For more information about how SLCC works for business, contact the Economic & Workforce Development Division.
P: (337) 521-9028
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.