Want to earn your degree at home? Do you need to attend school and continue working full-time? SLCC Distance Education courses may be a good fit for you.
SLCC offers three eLearning modalities:
- Virtual Class (HySync) - A course that is delivered synchronously online with at least one opportunity to meet in person.
- Web (Asynchronous) - Any course that is delivered 100% through a Learning Management System (LMS) with no synchronous meetings.
- Hybrid (Blended synchronous and asynchronous) - A course that is delivered 50-99% online and 1-49% in-person synchronous meetings.
You can find a list of 100% online courses offered here. All eLearning courses are delivered through the Canvas learning management system. If you are new to Canvas quickly review the Canvas Student Tour Videos.
SLCC offers three academic programs students can earn exclusively online: Associate of General Studies, Associate of Science in Business, and Associate of Science in Criminal Justice. Contact your academic advisor for details
- Apply Now
- Admissions Appointment
- Steps to Enroll
- Admission Requirements
- Information for Counselors
- Choosing a Major
- Placement Information
- How to Register
- Request Information
- Class Schedule
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Attendance & Withdrawals
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Financial Aid Forms
- FSA Policies
- Reapply for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Resources
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Types of Financial Aid
- Veterans Affairs
- Federal Work Study
- Financial Aid Disbursements
- Hardship Waiver
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Return of Federal Title IV Funds Policy
- Year Round Pell
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- FAFSA Filing Tips
- Take a Tour
- Applying for Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Applying for LPN to RN Transition Track
- Applying for Medical Assistant
- Applying for Medical Lab Technology
- Applying for Registered Nursing
- Applying for Practical Nursing
Learn more about the admissions process, or schedule a campus tour, by contacting SLCC Admissions.
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9622
F: (337) 521-8052
Monday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.