If you have attended another college(s) since leaving high school and this will be your first time attending SLCC, then you will apply as a transfer students. Print out the Steps to Enroll to keep track of what you need to do throughout the admissions process.
NOTE: South Louisiana Community College and Acadiana Technical College merged in 2013 and are now considered one institution. If you previously attended either South Louisiana Community College or Acadiana Technical College after leaving high school, then you will be a Returning Student.
We are currently accepting applications for the following semester(s):
- Summer 2021 – Currently accepting applications. Registration for incoming students begins March 22, 2021.
- Fall 2021 – Currently accepting applications. Registration for incoming students begins March 22, 2021.
The SLCC application is designed to be completed online. You will be asked to create a Login ID and PIN, so you can complete your application later if needed. Please be sure to store this information in a safe and memorable place. We will be sending emails to update you on the status of your application and to provide information about getting registered for classes. For this reason, it is important that you provide an email address on your application that you will check often. If you need assistance at any time, please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions staff at 337.521.9622. It is our pleasure to guide you through the admissions process.
Here is the returning student checklist:
- Choose your major (and know when the program starts)
- Complete the online application
- Login to LoLA (SLCC Student Information Portal)
- Submit any admission requirements
- To apply for Financial Aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit placement information, if necessary
- Attend a Student Success Live group advising and registration session
- Pay for classes
Learn more about the admissions process, or schedule a campus tour, by contacting SLCC Admissions.
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9622
F: (337) 521-8052
Monday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.