Students who are pursuing a degree at another college, but who will be taking classes at South Louisiana Community College for one semester should apply as visiting students.
Visiting students are not eligible for Financial Aid. Credits earned at SLCC should be transferred back to your home institution when you have completed the term. It is the responsibility of the student to verify that the home institution will accept credits for the courses taken at SLCC.
We are currently accepting applications for the following semester(s):
- Summer 2022 – We are currently accepting applications. Open registration begins on March 21, 2022.
- Fall 2022 – We are currently accepting applications. Open registration begins on March 21, 2022.
- Spring 2023 – Applications will open on May 18, 2022.
The SLCC application is designed to be completed online. You will be asked to create a Login ID and PIN, so you can complete your application later if needed. Please be sure to store this information in a safe and memorable place. We will be sending emails to update you on the status of your application and to provide information about getting registered for classes. For this reason, it is important that you provide an email address on your application that you will check often. If you need assistance at any time, please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions staff at 337.521.9622. It is our pleasure to guide you through the admissions process.
Here is the returning student checklist:
- Choose your major (and know when the program starts)
- Complete the online application
- Login to LoLA (SLCC Student Information Portal)
- Submit any admission requirements
- To apply for Financial Aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit placement information, if necessary
- Attend a Student Success Live group advising and registration session
- Pay for classes
Learn more about the admissions process, or schedule a campus tour, by contacting SLCC Admissions.
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9622
F: (337) 521-8052
Monday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.