welcome to slcc!
The SLCC application is designed to be completed online. You will be asked to create a Login ID and PIN, so you can complete your application later if needed.
We will send you emails about the status of your application and information on registering for classes. For this reason, it is important that you provide an email address on your application that you will check often.
If you need assistance at any time, please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions staff at 337-521-9622. It is our pleasure to guide you through the admissions process.
Print out the Steps to Enroll to keep track of what you need to do throughout the enrollment process.
If this will be your first time attending any college since leaving high school, then you will apply as a first-time college freshman. See admission requirements.
Welcome back! As a returning student, you have already attended South Louisiana Community College or Acadiana Technical College after leaving high school. Even if you have attended another college since leaving SLCC or ATC, you are still considered a returning student. Returning students only need to re-apply if they have missed a Fall or Spring semester.
If you have attended another college(s) since leaving high school and this will be your first time attending SLCC, then you will apply as a transfer student.
If you are currently a student at a college or institution outside of the U.S. you are considered an international student. See admission requirements.
If you are pursuing a degree at another college, but you will be taking classes at South Louisiana Community College for one semester, you should apply as a visiting student.
Visiting students are not eligible for Financial Aid. Credits earned at SLCC should be transferred back to your home institution when you have completed the term. It is the responsibility of the student to verify that the home institution will accept credits for the courses taken at SLCC.
If you are not pursuing a degree, technical diploma, or certification, but you would like to take classes for personal fulfillment or to enhance your job skills, you should apply as a non-matriculating student.
Non-matriculating students are not eligible for Financial Aid.
No high school diploma? Apply for our FREE Adult Education program to prepare for the HiSet exam, which replaced the former GED exam and is recognized throughout Louisiana as the high school equivalency exam.
Don’t forget your checklist!
- Choose your major (and know when the program starts).
- Complete the online application.
- Login to LoLA (SLCC Student Information Portal).
- Submit any admission requirements
- To apply for Financial Aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Visiting and Non-matriculating students are not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Submit placement information, if necessary.
- Attend a Student Success Live group advising and registration session.
- Pay for classes.
- Apply Now
- Admissions Appointment
- Steps to Enroll
- Admission Requirements
- Information for Counselors
- Choosing a Major
- Placement Information
- How to Register
- Request Information
- Class Schedule
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Attendance & Withdrawals
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Financial Aid Forms
- FSA Policies
- Reapply for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Resources
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Types of Financial Aid
- Veterans Affairs
- Federal Work Study
- Financial Aid Disbursements
- Hardship Waiver
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Return of Federal Title IV Funds Policy
- Year Round Pell
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- FAFSA Filing Tips
- Take a Tour
- Applying for Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Applying for LPN to RN Transition Track
- Applying for Medical Assistant
- Applying for Medical Lab Technology
- Applying for Registered Nursing
- Applying for Practical Nursing
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.