Office of eLearning
Benefits to Online Study
Are you ready for online courses? We've outlined some benefits for these courses...and some challenges you may face.
Benefits of Online Learning
- Attending class is as simple as opening up your computer.
- You will not have to make decisions about going to class in inclement weather.
- Online classes give you the flexibility of taking classes at a place and time that is convenient for you.
- With online learning, you don’t have to choose between going to work and going to school. As long as you meet your deadlines and participate according to instructor requirements, you can take advantage of a much less stressful learning environment while keeping your job and other commitments.
Challenges of Online Learning
- Though you do have flexibility to take classes at a convenient place and time, you also have hard deadlines for submitting assignments if you plan to be a successful online student.
- You will also find that taking online courses requires more reading and writing than traditional face to face courses.
- Online courses also come with technical aspects that may not be included in traditional courses. You are expected to have basic digital literacy when taking an online course
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.