Student Government Association
Shawn Hutchinson - Executive President
Sonya Weaver - Executive Vice President
Sonya Breaux - Executive Secretary
Breanna Lockett - Executive Treasurer
Tamika Castille - AVP for Student Rights and Responsibilities
Laci Jackson - AVP for Diversity and Inclusion
Dominic Smith - AVP for Special Initiatives
The Student Government Association supports the mission of the college and is composed of elected representatives from the student body. Collectively, they are the voice of the students and promote student life that enhances the intellectual, physical, social, and cultural atmosphere of SLCC. This is done by providing vital co-curricular activities that also enhances individual student development.
The Student Government Association's (SGA) Purpose is to:
- To enhance student life.
- To provide for the students of this institution with a representative body that will hear and appropriately act on legitimate concerns expressed by the student.
- To facilitate and foster greater understanding between the students, faculty, and administration.
- To provide effective leadership for the student body through community involvement.
- To ensure equal representation for students.
- To provide a better social, cultural, and educational life on campus.
- To promote the high standards of education offered at South Louisiana Community College.
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9000
1933 W. Hutchinson Ave.
Crowley, LA 70526
P: (337) 788-7521
C.B. Coreil Campus
1124 Vocational Dr.
Ville Platte, LA 70586
P: (337) 363-2197
6305 Main Highway
St. Martinville, LA 70582
P: (337) 394-6466
1013 Perret St.
Franklin, LA 70538
P: (337) 413-8146
Gulf Area Campus
1115 Clover St.
Abbeville, LA 70510
P: (337) 893-4984
New Iberia Campus
908 Ember Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
P: (337) 373-0172
T.H. Harris Campus
332 E. South St.
Opelousas, LA 70570
P: (337) 943-1518
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.