Student Government Association
The Student Government Association supports the mission of the college and is composed of elected representatives from the student body. Collectively, they are the voice of the students and promote student life that enhances the intellectual, physical, social, and cultural atmosphere of SLCC. This is done by providing vital co-curricular activities that also enhances individual student development.
The Student Government Association's (SGA) Purpose is to:
- To enhance student life.
- To provide for the students of this institution with a representative body that will hear and appropriately act on legitimate concerns expressed by the student.
- To facilitate and foster greater understanding between the students, faculty, and administration.
- To provide effective leadership for the student body through community involvement.
- To ensure equal representation for students.
- To provide a better social, cultural, and educational life on campus.
- To promote the high standards of education offered at South Louisiana Community College.
Benefits of Serving on the SGA:
- Participate in leadership trainings
- Express your voice in college decisions
- Provide services to fellow students
- Leave your mark by assisting in the planning and implementation of many SLCC traditions and activities
- Constitution Day
- Student Complaint Days
- Diversity & Inclusion Programming Days
- SGA Serve Days
- SLCC Student Forums
- Vegetarian Days
- Fitness Programming Days
- SLCC Student Relaxation Days
- Hunger Action Month
- Holiday Toy Drive
Elections are held in the spring of every year. More information regarding elections will be released in March 2019.
How can we help you?
Leave us a suggestion! You can even leave your email address so we can follow up with you on the progress of your suggestion!
- SGA Executive Board 2018-2019 Office Hours
- Spring 2019 Meeting Schedule
- Spring 2019 Budget
- SGA Constitution
- August 29 2018 SGA General Meeting Minutes
- August 29 2018 SGA General Meeting Playback
- September 19 2018 SGA General Meeting Minutes
- September 19 2018 SGA General Meeting Playback
- October 17 2018 SGA General Meeting Playback
- November 14 2018 SGA General Meeting Playback
- January 30 2019 SGA General Meeting Minutes
- January 30 2019 SGA General Meeting Playback
- February 27 2019 SGA General Meeting Playback
- Student Life Coordinators
- SLCC Discount Program
- Student Government Association
- About Student Life
- Civic & Service Learning
- Diversity & Inclusion Programming
- LBGTQ+ Programming
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Engagement & Leadership Awards/Scholarships
- Student Groups & Organizations (SGO)
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9000
1933 W. Hutchinson Ave.
Crowley, LA 70526
P: (337) 788-7521
C.B. Coreil Campus
1124 Vocational Dr.
Ville Platte, LA 70586
P: (337) 363-2197
6305 Main Highway
St. Martinville, LA 70582
P: (337) 394-6466
1013 Perret St.
Franklin, LA 70538
P: (337) 413-8146
Gulf Area Campus
1115 Clover St.
Abbeville, LA 70510
P: (337) 893-4984
New Iberia Campus
908 Ember Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
P: (337) 373-0172
T.H. Harris Campus
332 E. South St.
Opelousas, LA 70570
P: (337) 943-1518
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.