Interested in a career in Corrections or Law Enforcement? Our Associate of Science Degree in Criminal Justice provides students with a basic foundation of the American criminal justice and corrections systems.
The program is designed primarily as a transfer program for students who plan to continue their studies at a four-year university. However, students are also prepared to enter the workforce immediately after graduation in certain phases of law enforcement or corrections.
Take a look at the Degree Plan:
Students completing the Associate of Science Degree in Criminal Justice will:
- Apply critical thinking abilities to modern criminal justice processes and policies
- Articulate the role, function and mission of police in the criminal justice system
- Blend ethical concepts into modern criminal justice practices
- Exhibit an understanding of the impact of policing, courts and corrections on the individual, society and the community
Here's a few program highlights:
- Officers can receive up to 15 credit hours of prior learning for completion of a Peace Officer Standards and Training Academy (POST).
- Prior credit may also be awarded for military credit.
Apply today to get started on your Associate of Science Degree in Criminal Justice.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.