Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration
Our Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration program prepares students to install, diagnose, repair, and maintain the operating condition of domestic, residential, and commercial air conditioning, and refrigeration systems. Students are prepared for employment in a variety of jobs in this field through specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience.
Take a look at the Degree Plan:
- Associate of Applied Science (Technical Studies) in Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration
- Technical Diploma in Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration
Graduates of our Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration program are able to:
- Demonstrate integrity and a commitment to exemplary customer service
- Be able to explain the physics of heat and how it applies to the air conditioning and refrigeration field
- Have the skills to diagnose and repair a variety of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
A few facts about the industry –
- Employment of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers is projected to grow 15 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. Commercial and residential building construction is expected to drive employment growth, and job opportunities for HVACR technicians are expected to be good.
- The median annual wage for heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers is $47,080.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.