Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a multiple-choice assessment of basic skills in the academic content areas of Reading, Math, Science, English, and Language Usage.
Successful completion of the TEAS test is a requirement for admission to the SLCC RN Program.
NOTE: TEAS exam scores will NOT be accepted from the ATI remote proctoring option. We are currently not accepting remote option test scores. We will honor the Remote scores taken previously only if they were sent to SLCC and transcripted in SLCC testing center prior to June 7, 2022. If this policy changes, our website will be updated to reflect this.
- Registration: Visit www.atitesting.com and click on the “Register for TEAS” icon on the right side of the ATI Home Page. Please be sure to select “South LA CC Lafayette” as your testing site.
- Fee: Pay online fee of $104.00
- Testing Site: SLCC Ardoin Building, Room 408
- For Institution Option, select South Louisiana Community College. Please be sure to include your SLCC student ID number (example: L00085952) in your profile page. To add your SLCC student ID number to your existing profile, log-in to your ATI student home page and edit your profile.
Test Dates and Times
Log into your ATI account to view available test dates.
Test Day Procedures
- Students arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the test.
- Bring ATI username and password.
- Bring two forms of identification. A photo ID such as a Driver's License or Passport and another form of ID with your signature on it.
- Calculators are NOT allowed.
- Test scores will be provided after the completion of the test.
- To be eligible to apply to the RN program, the applicant must earn a minimum composite score of 62 and a minimum score of 60 in both Math and Science.
- The scores are valid for two (2) years from the date of the test.
Preparing For The TEAS
Study materials are available for purchase at:
For More Information
- Download a list of our Frequently Asked Questions & Answers.
- Questions about creating an account with ATI or locating dates at SLCC: contact ATI at 1(800) 667-7531.
- Questions about the Nursing Program at SLCC: contact the Nursing and Allied Health Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or (337) 521-9628.
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9000
1933 W. Hutchinson Ave.
Crowley, LA 70526
P: (337) 788-7521
C.B. Coreil Campus
1124 Vocational Dr.
Ville Platte, LA 70586
P: (337) 363-2197
6305 Main Highway
St. Martinville, LA 70582
P: (337) 394-6466
1013 Perret St.
Franklin, LA 70538
P: (337) 413-8146
Gulf Area Campus
1115 Clover St.
Abbeville, LA 70510
P: (337) 893-4984
New Iberia Campus
908 Ember Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
P: (337) 373-0172
T.H. Harris Campus
332 E. South St.
Opelousas, LA 70570
P: (337) 943-1518
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.