The Praxis test is offered EVERY Wednesday and Friday. Wednesday testing begins at 12:30 p.m. and Friday testing begins at 8:30 a.m.
South Louisiana Community College Code:
What is Praxis
The Praxis® tests measure the academic skills and subject-specific content knowledge needed for teaching. The Praxis tests are taken by individuals entering the teaching profession as part of the certification process required by many states and professional licensing organizations.
What You Need to Know
- Register with ETS.
- Praxis Tests are timed.
- Accommodated testing must be submitted through ETS Disability Services at least six weeks prior to testing.
- You need to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the exam.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, it is the Testing Center’s discretion to allow you to test or not.
- If you feel you did not perform to your potential, you may retake a Praxis test once every 21 days, not including your initial test date.
What to Bring
- Your photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Your admission ticket from Praxis.
- Non-Graphing calculators for the Business Education (5101) and Middle School: Content Knowledge (5146) exams ONLY.
- Any personal items must be stored in an assigned locker.
- Personal items other than identification documents are not allowed in the lab.
- Food or drink is not permitted in the testing area.
- Jewelry is prohibited except for wedding and engagement rings.
- Clothing and other personal items that include, but are not limited to, hair accessories, neckties, bowties, hats, scarves, jackets and outerwear are subject to inspection by the test center administrator.
- Check out the FAQs on the ETS website
- Call ETS
- Email SLCC at Testing@solacc.edu for questions regarding policies and procedures
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9000
1933 W. Hutchinson Ave.
Crowley, LA 70526
P: (337) 788-7521
C.B. Coreil Campus
1124 Vocational Dr.
Ville Platte, LA 70586
P: (337) 363-2197
6305 Main Highway
St. Martinville, LA 70582
P: (337) 394-6466
1013 Perret St.
Franklin, LA 70538
P: (337) 413-8146
Gulf Area Campus
1115 Clover St.
Abbeville, LA 70510
P: (337) 893-4984
New Iberia Campus
908 Ember Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
P: (337) 373-0172
T.H. Harris Campus
332 E. South St.
Opelousas, LA 70570
P: (337) 943-1518
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.