What is the CLEP test?
These rigorous exams allow students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds to demonstrate their mastery of introductory college-level material and earn college credit. Students can earn credit for what they already know by getting qualifying scores on any of the 33 examinations.
Registering for a CLEP Exam:
- Go to ETS
- Click sign in on the top right
- If you have an account sign in – if not then click sign up on the left
- Choose your exam
- Pay for exam
- Print admission ticket
- Choose your campus
- Select your exam, choose your date and time, pay online
What You Need to Know:
- CLEP is a computer based placement test.
- The format is multiple choice, optional essays, and listening sections depending on the type of exam.
- Is a timed test; typically 93 minutes per exam.
- Scores are available immediately after testing – with the exception of essay questions.
- Most CLEP exams require a passing score of 50 or higher.
- Request for special accommodations for testing must be submitted to Disability Service two weeks prior to testing.
- You may not repeat an exam of the same title within three months of the initial testing date.
What You Need to Bring:
- Your photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Your ticket from College Board for the selected CLEP exam.
- Testing fees are non-refundable and must present receipt prior to testing.
How to Prepare for a CLEP Exam:
- Review study guides and practice exams
- Get a good night’s rest prior to the exam
- Eat a nutritious meal prior to testing
Additional Online Resources
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9000
1933 W. Hutchinson Ave.
Crowley, LA 70526
P: (337) 788-7521
C.B. Coreil Campus
1124 Vocational Dr.
Ville Platte, LA 70586
P: (337) 363-2197
6305 Main Highway
St. Martinville, LA 70582
P: (337) 394-6466
1013 Perret St.
Franklin, LA 70538
P: (337) 413-8146
Gulf Area Campus
1115 Clover St.
Abbeville, LA 70510
P: (337) 893-4984
New Iberia Campus
908 Ember Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
P: (337) 373-0172
T.H. Harris Campus
332 E. South St.
Opelousas, LA 70570
P: (337) 943-1518
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.