Hello Spring 2020 Grads!
South Louisiana Community College will be holding a Drive-Thru Recognition Ceremony on July 16th and 17th to honor Spring 2020 graduates; you'll notice that we've added the 16th since the "Save the Date" announcement was sent out. Please see the schedule and drive thru directions.
Participation in this recognition ceremony is voluntary, but we hope that you'll join us! If you plan to participate in this Drive-Thru Recognition Ceremony honoring our Spring 2020 graduates, please RSVP here by July 9th.
Please note the following procedures that we'll be following for the health and safety of all involved; the list is fairly long, but please do read it carefully so that you fully understand all expectations:
- All persons with symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Graduates will be limited to one vehicle.
- Vehicles will enter and exit campus according to the attached map.
- Graduates and families will stay inside their vehicles at all times; occupants may not exit the vehicle to take photos, greet others, change vehicles, or for any other reason.
- All SLCC Buildings will be closed to the public; please ensure that proper nutrition, hydration, and personal care needs are addressed before attending the ceremony as no facilities will be available.
- Smoking, vaping, and alcoholic beverages are prohibited per the SLCC Student Code of Conduct.
- For health and safety purposes, no limousines, party busses, trolleys, large tire trucks/monster trucks, motorcycles, bikes, golf carts, or other open-air vehicles will be allowed; similarly, no pedestrian traffic will be permitted.
- All vehicle windows should remain up/closed with the AC turned on for occupant safety.
- One representative from SLCC will greet the graduate at the vehicle and present the degree cover, at which time guidance will be provided for opening a vehicle window; social distancing will be observed during this process.
- SLCC representatives will be wearing appropriate PPE, including masks and gloves.
- SLCC graduation regalia (cap and gown) is optional, as we want to respect all graduates' regalia return options ; all vehicle occupants must wear a mask and gloves.
- SLCC graduates should sit on the driver's side of the vehicle (driver's seat or behind the driver's seat) near a working window, as the recognition will take place on the vehicle's left side.
- All graduates' names should be typed or written in neat, large print on a piece of paper or poster to be displayed for identification purposes on the driver's side of the vehicle.
- All participants are encouraged to decorate their vehicles!
SLCC's Office of Student Engagement will livestream each ceremony on the SLCC Facebook Page so that family members and friends not in the vehicles can celebrate these special moments! Watch here: facebook.com/southlacc
Because we know that this is not the ceremony that any of our graduates planned for, all Spring 2020 graduates are also invited to participate in SLCC's December Commencement Ceremony!
Have a great day!
Brittany C. Renard, M.A.
Assistant Director for Student Engagement