Nearly 20 companies have signed up for SLCC’s Corporate College upcoming Industrial Trades Job Fair on August 7 from 9 a.m. to noon. The event will take place at SLCC’s Lafayette Campus in the Ardoin Building at 1101 Bertrand Dr. The college is expecting 25 companies at the fair, looking for welders, auto technicians, HVAC repairmen, truck drivers, carpenters, and other skilled tradesmen.
This is a free event that is open to the public. Job seekers can pre-register for the Industrial Trades Job Fair at http://bit.ly/SLCCJobFair.
Some exhibitors include:
- Bell Flight Technicians http://www.bellflight.com
- Brock Group Scaffold Building, Insulation, TSA Paint http://www.brockgroup.com
- Chabill’s Store Manager, Technician, General Service Technician https://chabillstire.com/jobs
- Crest Industries Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Forestry, Accounting and Finance, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Drafting/Design, Welding, Laborer, QC/QA http://www.crestoperations.com
- Ernest P. Breaux Electrical Electrical Apprentice http://www.epbreaux.com
- Excel Construction & Maintenance: Construction and Maintenance http://www.excelusa.com
- International Paper: General Helpers with potential to become a machine operator http://internationalpaper.com
- Paschall Truck Lines: CDL Class A Drivers http://www.ptl-inc.com
- Safe Have Enterprise- Welders, Carpenters, Electricians https://safehavenenterprise.com/she/
- Servpro-Production Manager, Crew Chief, Restoration Technician http://www/servpro.com
- Schneider: Regional, Over the Road, Team in our Van Truckload, Tanker and Dedicated http://www.Divisionsschneiderjobs.com
- Sparrows Group: Welder/ Fitter A, Welder/ Fitter B, Hydraulic Technician, Offshore Mechanic A-C, Senior Service Mechanic, Senior Account Manager, NDT Technician, Rigger, Instructor/Assessor, Shop Helper, Assembly Mechanic B, Machinist
- Sterling Automotive: Auto Techs and Lube Techs http://www.saveatsterling.com
- Tradesmen International IRON WORKERS, CARPENTERS, WELDERS, FITTERS, BLASTER, PAINTERS, ELECTRICIANShttps://www.tradesmeninternational.com/
Local companies will be able to exhibit at no charge. SLCC’s Corporate College requires only that you have current job openings or will have job openings within the next 60 days in the industrial trades such as transportation, construction, manufacturing, distribution, automotive repair, or HVAC repair. Exhibitors must register before July 31 at http://bit.ly/SLCC-CC-Exhibitor.
SLCC’s Corporate College was established in 2015. This division of SLCC offers short-term training for in-demand jobs to meet the needs of the community’s workforce.
For more information at the job fair, call SLCC’s Corporate College Outreach and Engagement office at 337-521-6639 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT ACADIANA’S COMMUNITY COLLEGE
South Louisiana Community College is a comprehensive community college that operates campuses in Abbeville, Crowley, Franklin, Lafayette, Morgan City, New Iberia, Opelousas, St. Martinville, and Ville Platte. The college serves more than 13,000 students annually and offers an array of academic programs. Students earn associate degrees, technical diplomas, certificates, industry-based certifications, and high school equivalency diplomas. It is ranked 14th among the Top 100 Associate Degree Producers as determined by Community College Week.