This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

Registrar's Office

Registrar's office FAQs

How can I change my major?
If you are a new or continuing student and have scheduled courses, you will need to change your major by filling out the change of major form and submitting it to the Registrar’s Office.

When can I see my new major in LoLA?
If you want your change of major to be viewable in LOLA for the current semester, the change of major form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office by the end of the Add/Drop period of your first scheduled course for that semester.

 All change of major forms received after the Add/Drop period will be viewable in LOLA the following semester.

I want to add/drop a course. What do I do? 
You can add/drop a course in LOLA within the Add/Drop period.

What is the difference between dropping and withdrawing from a course?
When you drop a course in LOLA, the course is removed from your schedule.  You are not financially responsible for the course that is dropped.  A course can only be dropped during the course’s Add/Drop period which is indicated on the Academic Calendar.

You can withdraw from either a course(s) or the college.  This process is initiated by you and completed by the Registrar’s Office.  However, the course(s) will not be removed from your schedule and you will receive a grade of a “W”.  This grade will not affect your academic GPA but it may affect your Financial Aid’s SAP.  You are still financially responsible for the course(s) you are withdrawing up to 100%.


When is commencement?
Commencement is usually scheduled the second Thursday in May and December.  Students should visit the SLCC website for details regarding times and location.

When should I apply for graduation?
You should apply one semester prior to the semester in which you plan to complete your degree requirements.  Applications are due as follows: Spring – February 5; Summer – June 5; Fall – September 5.

Is there a graduation application fee?
No.  There is no graduation application fee.

What is Cross-Enrollment?
Cross-Enrollment allows SLCC students to take courses at ULL in the same semester.  Courses taken at both intuitions count towards full-time enrollment at your home institution (SLCC).  You can take courses at ULL to complete your SLCC degree.

Can I take a course that SLCC does not offer?
Yes, as long as the course you are interested in transfers back towards your degree at SLCC.

How many courses can I take at UL Lafayette?
You must be registered for at least the same number of hours at SLCC as you are at ULL.  Please note that your cross-enrollment credits (ULL courses) cannot exceed 6 credits in the Fall and Spring semesters and 3 credits in the Summer session.  The minimum overall GPA for cross-enrolled student’s is 2.25.


How can I obtain a verification of my enrollment status?

Current Students:
Log into LOLA
Click the Student tab
Click Clearinghouse Self Service under Academic links

Alumni and 3rd party:
Visit the National Student Clearinghouse webpage.


I can't register because of a hold on my account.  What do I do?
If you have a hold on our account, you must contact the department that placed the hold on your account.  The department that placed the hold on your account is indicated as the originator on the hold.

I am an incoming Freshman.  When do I register for class?
You will complete registration during your scheduled Student Success Live session.

When does registration begin for the next semester?
Registration dates are available on the Academic Calendar


How do I request a copy of my transcript?
All transcript requests must by submitted through National Student Clearinghouse.  Once your transcript has been processed, you will receive an email confirmation.

Can someone pick up my transcript for me?
Students can send family members or friends to pick up a transcript on your behalf. If you are sending someone else to pick up your transcript on your behalf, provide him/her with a letter that clearly states your name, their name, they have permission to pick up your transcript, a copy of your picture id, and your signature. Ensure that the letter includes your handwritten signature. We require your signature to comply with federal FERPA privacy regulations.

What is the difference between an official electronic and paper transcript?
Official transcripts are issued either as an electronic transcript inPDF format or a paper transcript. Both documents are official versions of your transcript. Students with an academic record prior to the Fall of 2003 cannot receive electronic transcripts.

I have submitted my official transcript. When will my official transcript be evaluated?
Your official transcript will be evaluated and transcribed prior to your Student Success Live (SSL) session, only if you received a confirmation email from the Registrar’s Office (RO) and you submitted your official transcript at least 3 days before the scheduled SSL session.

Where do I see my posted transfer credits?
On your SLCC transcript.  Follow the instructions below to print or view your unofficial transcript.
Log in to LOLA
Click student tab
Scroll to the bottom of your Academic profile
Click transcript to view the unofficial transcript.

How many credits can be applied toward a program?
A maximum of 75% of the total credits required of a program can be transferred.

Transfer Credit & Credit by Exam FAQs

Lafayette Campus
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9000

Acadian Campus
1933 W. Hutchinson Ave.
Crowley, LA 70526
P: (337) 788-7521

C.B. Coreil Campus
1124 Vocational Dr.
Ville Platte, LA 70586
P: (337) 363-2197

Evangeline Campus
6305 Main Highway
St. Martinville, LA 70582
P: (337) 394-6466

Franklin Campus
1013 Perret St.
Franklin, LA 70538
P: (337) 413-8146

Gulf Area Campus
1115 Clover St.
Abbeville, LA 70510
P: (337) 893-4984

New Iberia Campus
908 Ember Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
P: (337) 373-0172

T.H. Harris Campus
332 E. South St.
Opelousas, LA 70570
P: (337) 943-1518


Our Campuses

Acadia Parish

Acadian Campus

1933 W. Hutchinson Ave. 
Crowley, LA 70526
(337) 788-7521

Visit Acadian

Evangeline Parish

C.B. Coreil Campus

1124 Vocational Dr.
Ville Platte, LA 70586
(337) 363-2197


Iberia Parish

New Iberia Campus

908 Ember Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
P: (337) 373-0185

Visit New Iberia

International School of Aviation Excellence 

1113 Vortex Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
Phone: (337) 373-0106

Visit ISAE

Lafayette Parish

Lafayette Campus

1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
(337) 521-9000

Visit Lafayette

St. Landry Parish

T.H. Harris Campus

332 East South St.
Opelousas, LA 70570
P: (337) 943-1518

Visit T.H. Harris

St. Martin Parish

Evangeline Campus

6305 Main Highway
St. Martinville, LA 70582
(337) 394-2750

Visit Evangeline

St. Mary Parish

Franklin Campus

1013 Perret St.
Franklin, LA 70538
(337) 413-8146

Visit Franklin

Young Memorial Campus

900 Youngs Road
Morgan City, LA 70380
P: (985) 380-2957

Visit Young Memorial

Terrebonne Parish

Maritime and Corporate Training Center

331 Dickson Road
Houma, LA 70363
(985) 372-6247

Visit MCTC

Vermilion Parish

Gulf Area Campus

1115 Clover St.
Abbeville, LA 70510
P: (337) 893-4984

Visit Gulf Area