Do you like to troubleshoot computer problems and ensure networks are working properly?
Our Information Technology program lets you master real-world skills in a fast-paced environment, where you'll learn how to install and troubleshoot network operating systems, solve various IT issues with diagnostic software, security, and more.
You'll study cabling, CISCO routers and switches, security and wireless networks, and other LAN/WAN technologies.
This program is offered at our Lafayette campus. Take a look at the degree plans:
Our graduates find careers as Network Specialists or Administrators, IT Technical Support Specialists, System Administrators, IT Managers, or Support Staff.
- IT Manager: $121,190
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: $74,400
- Network Support Specialist: $64,830
- User Support Specialist: $50,120
(Bureau of Labor Statistics, Louisiana Average Salary 2021)
Graduates from the Information Technology program can:
- Troubleshoot and solve various IT issues encountered in regular businesses by using diagnostic software and technical knowledge base.
- Demonstrate and apply effective written, oral, and nonverbal communication techniques in a variety of organizational situations.
- Explain terminology, rules, and practices regarding common IT issues and their proper solutions.
- Observe and apply basic safety rules and procedures related to information technology software and hardware.
- Apply proper communication and customer service skills upon entering the workforce.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.