Admissions & Eligibility
The following list of requirements must be met in order to participate in SLCC’s high school dual enrollment program:
- Must have permission from the high school. The high school counselor or principal must sign the South Louisiana Community College Dual Enrollment Signature Sheet. Applications are available for students to pick up from their high school counselor.
- Must be in good standing as defined by the high school.
- Must be high school sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Must have student, parent, and counselor (or designee) signature on the South Louisiana Community College Dual Enrollment Paper Application.
- Must have taken either the PLAN, ACT or SAT assessment with scores on file at the high school
- Must meet all other course prerequisites as published in the SLCC catalog.
College-level academic courses and technical education courses each have different eligibility criteria outlined below:
College Level Academic Transfer Courses
Students may enroll in courses listed on the Louisiana Board of Regents’ Master Course Articulation Matrix and meet the following requirements:
- 2.5 overall high school GPA verified by the high school, to initiate or continue dual enrollment (end of each semester).
- 19 ACT Composite score
- 18 ACT English sub-score
- If no ACT score available (ASPIRE/Pre-ACT/Pre-SAT/EOC/ACCUPLACER) to enroll in English, foreign language, history, or introductory social science, humanities, or arts survey courses
- 19 ACT Mathematics sub-score
- If no ACT score available (ASPIRE/Pre-ACT/Pre-SAT/EOC/ACCUPLACER) to enroll in mathematics
English Deficiency – Students who meet other readiness indicators but have < 18 in ACT English will be allowed to enroll in mathematics courses for dual enrollment, if they concurrently address their reading/writing deficiencies.
Mathematics Deficiency – Students who meet other readiness indicators but have < 19 in ACT mathematics will be allowed to enroll in English, foreign language, history, or introductory social science, humanities, or arts survey courses for dual enrollment, if they concurrently address their mathematics deficiencies.
College Readiness Criteria – Because it is import that dual enrollment student’s graduate college—ready, before enrolling in any course on the Board of Regents’ Master Course Articulation Matrix in the spring semester/term of the senior year, a student must be able to demonstrate college readiness in both English and mathematics.
Career and Technical Education courses
- Each high school determines its minimum participation criteria.
- Students must earn a grade of “C” or better to continue enrollment in technical courses.
- If utilizing TTES funds the following requirements are required along with a completed LOSFA application:
- Five-year Education and Career Plan Completed
- 2.0 or higher GPA
- ACT PLAN score of 15 on mathematics and English
- In good standing as defined by the high school
Learn more about enrolling with us, or schedule a campus tour, by contacting SLCC Admissions.
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9000
F: (337) 262-5122
Monday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.