From entry level driver training to defensive driving for skilled professional drivers, SLCC has what you need to get your Class A license and work in the transportation industry.
Our short-term CDL training lets you master real-world skills in a hands-on environment, where you'll learn FMCSA rules and regulations, pre-trip inspection practices, backing maneuvers, and necessary road skills in a variety of settings and trailers including flatbeds, box vans, tankers, and a 53' state-of-the-art mobile truck driver simulator trailer.
This comprehensive training program includes 245-hour of classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction. The final skills test necessary to receive a state license is administered by SLCC's state-approved examiners.
Completers who obtain their state license are qualified to drive tractor-trailers, dump trucks, tow trucks, delivery trucks, tanker trucks, and flatbed trucks.
- Crowley - Day: starts December 4, 2023 and January 29, 2024
- Crowley - Night: starts January 15, 2024
- Morgan City/Baldwin - Day: starts December 11, 2023
- New Iberia - Day: TBD
- Abbeville - Day: TBD
- Opelousas - Day: TBD
COST: $5,650 (You may qualify for tuition assistance. Contact 337-521-9028 or email@example.com for information).
- Current Driver's License (with no holds or suspensions)
- Social Security Card
- DOT Physical
- Class A Learner's Permit with required Tanker Endorsement
- DOT Drug Screen Results
No High School, GED or HiSET required.*
*A high school or HiSET diploma is required for most financial aid grant applications.
OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR TRAINING:
- 7-Week Day Program (Crowley, Abbeville, Morgan City, New Iberia, and Opelousas campuses)
- 8 1/2-Week Night Program (Crowley campus)
- Assessment & Refresher Programs
- 3rd Party Testing with Truck Rental
The American Trucking Association estimates a shortage of 50,000 truck drivers. Companies are hiring and offering good benefits and pay. Take advantage of this opportunity to drive your way to a better life for you and your family.
- Supervisor of Transportation Worker: $57,550
- Heavy & Tractor-Trailer Truck Driver: $47,000
- Industrial Truck & Tractor Operator: $40,710
- Light Truck Driver: $36,430
(Bureau of Labor Statistics, Louisiana Average Salary 2021)
Interested in enrolling? Complete this Contact Form, or get in touch with us at:
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.