- Physical (visual, hearing, mobility impairment, etc.)
- Emotional or Psychological (i.e. anxiety, mood, personality disorders, etc.)
- Learning (i.e. dyslexia, dysgraphia, reading or math disorder, etc.)
- ADD or ADHD
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities,
- who has a record of the disability, or
- who is regarded as having a disability.
- Calling (337) 521-6670
- Emailing the ADA Counselor at email@example.com
- Or by visiting the Counseling and Disability Service office on the Lafayette Campus (Ardoin Building Room 403). Office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- You may receive services (accommodations) by submitting required documentation. This documentation could be from a health care provider (IEP, 504 Plan, psychologist, mental health professional, etc.).
- The intake application can be completed (in person, via phone or through e-mail). The application form includes questions that are an interview. The application assists the ADA Counselor in the intake/assessment process.
TO RECEIVE ACCOMMODATIONS
- Deaf or hard of hearing students: Please note a minimum of two weeks prior to your first day of class is required. The two- week requirement is in place to ensure accommodations for ASL or CART.
- All other student accommodations can be done the first week of classes or earlier. Note: You may request accommodations any time throughout the semester. (Your accommodations will not be retroactive)
- ALL students must provide a copy of your course schedule to the CADS office
- You will receive your accommodation letter by e-mail or hard copy from CADS.
- It is Your (the student’s) responsibility to forward or submit accommodation letter to each of your instructors
- Please note a request for accommodations must occur each semester by completing a semester form. A request must be completed each semester you want accommodations.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.