The Plumbing program consists of 500 clock hours of training for the purpose of installing, maintaining, and repairing many different types of pipe systems.
Key content includes:
- Introduction to the Plumbing Profession
- Plumbing Safety
- Tools of the Plumbing Trade
- Plumbing Math
- Plumbing Drawings
- Reading Commercial Drawings
- Structural Penetrations
- Plastic Pipe and Fittings
- Copper Pipe and Fittings
- Cast-Iron Pipe and Fittings
- Carbon Steel Pipe and Fittings
- Plumbing Fixtures
- Basic Electricity
- Fire Stopping
- Installing Water Heaters
- Drain, Waste, and Vent (DWV) Systems
- Installing and Testing DWV Piping
- Water Distribution Systems
- Fuel Gas and Fuel Oil Systems
- Installing Roof, Floor, and Area Drains
- Installing and Testing Water Supply Piping
- Installing Fixtures and Valves
You will earn three stackable credentials:
NCCER Plumbing Level 1
NCCER Plumbing Level 2
This video shows what you will learn in SLCC's short-term plumbing course:
Tuition includes tools and a tool bag for you to begin your plumbing apprenticeship.
For more information on SLCC's plumbing course, call 337-521-9028, email email@example.com, or fill out the contact form.
Get involved. Contact SLCC.
For more information about how SLCC works for business, contact the Economic & Workforce Development Division.
P: (337) 521-9028
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.