Our Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) is putting more Registered Nurses to work in Acadiana and beyond. Our RN program provides students with the knowledge, skills, ability, values, and competencies required to practice nursing at the professional level. Through classroom instruction and clinical experiences, this program prepares individuals to perform nursing skills and provide care to patients in all arenas of healthcare - from the acute care bedside to hospice or the home. Currently, the ASN program offers two educational tracks:
Students make clinical rounds at acute care facilities in the Acadiana area as well as outpatient, home health, and hospice settings. Students should note that some courses have prerequisites, which must be completed before enrolling into upper level courses and continuing in the program.
Take a look at the Degree Plans:
- Associate of Science Nursing in Registered Nursing
- Associate of Science Nursing in Registered Nursing - LPN to RN Track
Graduates will be eligible to apply for the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN), which must be successfully passed before applying for licensure with the Louisiana State Board of Nursing (LSBN) to practice as a registered nurse (RN). A selective admission process is used to select candidates for enrollment in the program. General education requirements as well as the core nursing courses in this program may be transferable to a baccalaureate of nursing (BSN) program.
Students completing the Associate of Science degree in Nursing will:
- Identify current technology and safety factors in providing care to assigned patients.
- Exemplify the ability to function as an advocate for patients and families while providing culturally sensitive patient care in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Demonstrate professional integrity and accountability within established legal standards and ethical principles.
- Apply knowledge, skills, and attitudes as a beginning nurse generalist to improve the quality and safety of healthcare.
- Evaluate the use of current evidence-based practices in making nursing judgments and clinical decisions to promote health and wellness.
- Collaborate with the nursing team and interdisciplinary team members to provide safe, competent care for ensuring optimal patient outcomes.
- Perform safe and competent nursing care utilizing the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective domains.
Are you ready to apply to the Associate of Science in Nursing program? Click here.
Are you ready to apply to the LPN to RN Transition program? Click here.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.