South Louisiana Community College is in compliance with the regulations of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities are available. Students with disabilities are encouraged to contact the ADA Counselor to discuss their needs.
Disability Services offers accommodations to all students with disabilities.
Students' disabilities typically are grouped within the following categories:
- Physical (visual, hearing, mobility impairment, etc.)
- Emotional or Psychological (i.e. anxiety, mood, personality disorders, etc.)
- Learning (i.e. dyslexia, dysgraphia, reading or math disorder, etc.)
- ADD or ADHD
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
The ADA defines a person with a disability as a person:
- who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities,
- who has a record of the disability, or
- who is regarded as having a disability.
If you are unsure whether or not your condition qualifies as a disability, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Schedule an appointment by:
- Calling (337) 521-6670
- Emailing the ADA Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or by visiting the Counseling and Disability Service office on the Lafayette Campus (Ardoin Building Room 403). Office hours are 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- You may receive services (accommodations) by submitting required documentation. This documentation could be from a health care provider (IEP, 504 Plan, psychologist, mental health professional, etc.).
- The intake application can be completed (in person, via phone or through e-mail). The application form includes questions that are an interview. The application assists the ADA Counselor in the intake/assessment process.
To Receive Accommodations
- Deaf or hard of hearing students: Please note a minimum of two weeks prior to your first day of class is required. The two- week requirement is in place to ensure accommodations for ASL or CART.
- All other student accommodations can be done the first week of classes or earlier. Note: You may request accommodations any time throughout the semester. (Your accommodations will not be retroactive)
- ALL students must provide a copy of your course schedule to the CADS office
- You will receive your accommodation letter by e-mail or hard copy from CADS.
- It is Your (the student’s) responsibility to forward or submit accommodation letter to each of your instructors
- Please note a request for accommodations must occur each semester by completing a semester form. A request must be completed each semester you want accommodations.
1101 Bertrand Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
P: (337) 521-9000
1933 W. Hutchinson Ave.
Crowley, LA 70526
P: (337) 788-7521
C.B. Coreil Campus
1124 Vocational Dr.
Ville Platte, LA 70586
P: (337) 363-2197
6305 Main Highway
St. Martinville, LA 70582
P: (337) 394-6466
1013 Perret St.
Franklin, LA 70538
P: (337) 413-8146
Gulf Area Campus
1115 Clover St.
Abbeville, LA 70510
P: (337) 893-4984
New Iberia Campus
908 Ember Dr.
New Iberia, LA 70560
P: (337) 373-0172
T.H. Harris Campus
332 E. South St.
Opelousas, LA 70570
P: (337) 943-1518
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.