Our Certified Power Lineman program provides the necessary foundation for a line worker career as a helper/apprentice for an electric utility company. Our 16-25 week program is a partnership with local utility giants LUS, SLEMCO, Cleco, and Entergy and is taught on our Acadian Campus in Crowley.
- Obtain NCCER certification
- Be qualified for employment as a line helper
- Receive job placement assistance
Program applicants must pass a drug screening, background check, have a valid driver's license, and be comfortable working at heights.
Jobs and salaries in this field increase with experience. For instance:
- Line Helper/Apprentice – $33,000 with 1-3 years experience
- Line Worker – $57,000 with 1-6 years experience
- Senior-Level Crew Leader – $79,000 with 6-8 years experience
- Supervisor – $85,000 with 8+ years experience
- Our Programs
- Meet Our Staff
- Your Training Needs
- Student Exit Survey
- Contact Us
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.