Your Return. We're Ready.
As the situation with COVID–19 continues, we will make proactive decisions that are grounded in providing services to our students, while also doing our part to help stop the spread of the virus. Your safety while learning is our top priority. As such – we will be offering four formats for Fall courses.
- On-campus - Students rotate in small groups for on-campus instruction on set days and times.
- Hybrid - Students rotate in small groups between on-campus and WebEx instruction on set days and times. Online work may also be required.
- HySync (Hybrid – Synchronous) – Students meet on-campus for the first day and the remaining class periods are held via WebEx on set days and times.
- Online – Students work in the Canvas classroom with set due dates, but no set class interactions.
We're also taking steps to ensure the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff on campus with several more measures. For starters, monitor your email and Canvas for updates. Given the dynamics of the virus, classes being held on campus are subject to change.
SLCC buildings and classrooms will be restricted to SLCC students only. Friends, family, and children will not be permitted in the classrooms, offices, or common areas. Please enter via one of the designated doors on the Lafayette campus and the main door on all other campuses.
Students will be required to wear a face covering (surgical masks or N95 masks are not required) at all times inside an SLCC building or classroom. Failure to wear a cloth face covering will result in a student code of conduct violation. As we practice physical distancing, access to public spaces (library, study halls, computer labs) will be limited, and social distancing will be mandatory.
Please limit the use of elevators to essential need only. When using restrooms, please skip a stall. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving the restroom and use a paper towel to turn on and off the water and exit the bathroom. If busy, wait 6 ft. apart and outside the restroom if possible.
You are highly encouraged to bring a labeled water bottle and snack pack. Vending services will be limited.
Students that are immunocompromised or need accommodations to attend classes should contact the Office Counseling and Disability Services. (337.521.6915 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
We've also established these measures to ensure safety on all campuses:
- If you are sick or demonstrating symptoms, do not come to campus. Inform your instructor if you are ill. Students should arrange to complete makeup work with their instructor. In some cases, makeup work can be completed online. Students demonstrating signs of illness will be asked to leave class. Students needing an extended absence from class (on-campus or online) due to illness or exposure should inform their instructor as soon as possible to explore their academic options. Students are encouraged to follow CDC guidelines for possible exposure. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/public-health-recommendations.html
- Do not visit the SLCC campus for services (computer lab, library, tutoring, etc.) if you are sick, are experiencing symptoms, or have tested positive within the last ten (10) days. Remote services are available.
- Students testing positive for Covid-19 and have attended class on-campus should contact their instructor. Student privacy will be maintained.
- The Louisiana Department of Health recommends COVID-19 testing for any patients who are experiencing symptoms such as:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- If you have these symptoms, contact your primary care physician for guidance. Visit http://ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/page/3934? for a testing center near you.
- Sanitation stations will be available outside of classrooms and throughout campus. Students should sanitize before entering and leaving classrooms, offices, common areas, restrooms, and vending services, etc.
- Plexiglass Barriers have been installed in service locations. Please be mindful.
- Signage has been placed throughout campus to assist with social distancing.
- We have implemented enhanced daily cleanliness and sanitation protocols across all classrooms and facilities, on top of our standard protocols.
- An information center is located in the Ardoin building across from the Office of Financial Aid and in the main office on all other campuses to assist you in submitting paperwork, making appointments, and other student service needs.
- Appointments are needed for all SLCC service offices (admissions, registrar, advising, etc.)
- All events and club meetings will be held online until further notice.
- SLCC food pantries will be accessible.
- We appreciate your patience, flexibility, and understanding as we adapt to changes together as an SLCC community.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.