Procedures for Participating in the Cross Enrollment Agreement
SLCC cross enrolling at UL Lafayette
1. Complete the following action for the Home Institution
- Apply for admission, if not a continuing student, and register for classes.
- Complete all information on the Cross Enrollment form until and including the Student Signature line.
- Meet with your advisor to select the appropriate UL Lafayette courses.
- A degree-seeking student will be eligible to take one credit hour at the Host institution for each credit hour taken at the Home institution, not to exceed 6 credit hours per fall/spring semesters and 3 credit hours during the summer term.
- You must reapply for each term you wish to cross-enroll. Approval for cross-enrollment is valid for only the term specified and is subject to space availability, deadlines, registration procedures, and priorities of the host campus.
- You will not be charged tuition and fees at the host campus; however, there is an administrative fee for each term. In addition, you will have to pay any fees required of other students, such as lab, materials, computer use, etc.
- Obtain the following signature on the Cross Enrollment form:
Registrar's designee (Christina Martin, SLCC)
2. Deadline to apply for cross enrollment is 2 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
3. General Information: Cross enrollment allows you as a SLCC student to take courses at UL Lafayette in the same semester: Courses taken at both institutions count towards total enrolled at home institution (SLCC)
4. Terms to Know: Home Institution – SLCC
Host Institution – UL Lafayette
5. Registration: Any change to your schedule including adding or dropping a cross enrolled course, must be completed in the SLCC Registrar’s Office.
Note: As a cross enrolled student, you are required to follow all UL Lafayette dates for that class.